The Unipol Codes have been developed in partnership with universities and studentsâ€™ unions to help provide better student housing.
The idea behind it is simple enough: the Codes outline a number of professional standards that must be adhered to. As well as defining what these standards are, they also check compliance of Code members. Simply put, renting from a Code landlord offers reassurance that standards have been checked and Unipol can offer help if things go wrong.
We have been a Unipol Code Member for over 3 years now. It acts as a reaassuring seal of approval for our tenants and means that students can be confident in choosing properties from us.
You can read more about Unipol Codes on their website. It gives the following reasons at to why you should rent a Code property:
- It enables you to identify good landlords
- It gives you confidence that the property you are thinking of renting is of a good standard and is properly managed and regulated
- It provides you with assurance that repairs and maintenance are carried out to defined timescales
- It gives you assurance that any deposits required will be used for specified purposes and will be returned promptly at the end of the tenancy with an explanation of any deductions made
- It gives you clarity and transparency on contracts and on management practices and routines
- It shows you where to go for help if problems arise and provide you with a codified complaints process, including a referral mechanism for independent consideration and decision
- It gives general consumer protection.
So if you’ve started your search for your 2018 Student Property – this is a great place to start! As well as being a Unipol Code Member, all of our Let Leeds 2018 Student Properties come with bills included and no tenancy fees to pay. Plus you can have the option to upgrade to our premium all-inclusive bills package which includes things like Sky Sports and Netflix!
Click here to see all our available student properties.
Back to news