The safety of our Tenants, Staff and Contractors – and a commitment to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 – is of utmost importance. If you are moving in to one of our properties in July, we’ve made some changes to our processes to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Every year, the Student Changeover Period is the busiest time in our calendar with hundreds of tenants moving out, hundreds more moving in, and every single property to clean in between – traditionally within a 24-hour period. It’s a complicated process at the best of times, but we’ve adapted it in line with Government guidelines, to ensure that safety is our number one priority.
In light of Covid-19, we’re implementing new procedures for the key handover process. If you are one of our Student Tenants due to move in in early July, we have already written to you to let you know how the new procedures will work in detail.
In summary, extra measures we are taking for your safety include:
- Extending the changeover period to allow for thorough cleaning of the property between Tenancies and additional time between Tenants moving out and Tenants moving in.
- Undertaking professional cleans of each property, by cleaners fully equipped with PPE, to minimise risk of infection.
- Maintaining social distancing and controlling numbers of people coming to the office by offering key collection strictly by appointment only.
- In addition, only one nominated person from each household will be permitted to collect keys on behalf of all housemates.
- The office will be clearly marked to maintain social distancing at appointments, with hand sanitiser and hand-washing facilities readily available for visitors.
- Staff and contractors have also been issued with PPE including gloves, masks and hand sanitiser.
- We will be issuing all relevant documentation for the Tenancy (such as the prescribed information, copies of your Inventory and Tenant Handbook) electronically after keys have been collected, instead of giving you a pack to collect with the keys.
At your appointment
To make the key collection process as smooth as possible we ask that you double check you are fully prepared, before you come to your pre-booked key collection appointments:
- Bring your ID: Keys will not be released without the nominated housemate’s ID (original passport or driving license).
- Ensure Rent is Paid & Paperwork Complete: We cannot move anyone into the property until all paperwork is on file, including Application Forms, Guarantor Forms, and the first rent payment has been received in full, from everyone on the Tenancy.
Paying Your Rent
Your first rent payment must be with us at least 3 working days before the Tenancy Start Date. So, if your Tenancy starts on 1 July 2020, your initial rent payment must be in our account no later than Friday 26th June 2020. For all payments, remember to use your unique payment reference. This is made up of the property number, street name and your surname e.g. 88StreetSurname.
Your rent payment is due in line with your Tenancy Agreement, so if you have any queries regarding payments, please refer back to your Tenancy Agreement in the first instance.
To minimize contact, we will be issuing the prescribed information and copies of your Inventory electronically, after you have collected keys.
You will receive your Inventory within 14 days of moving into the property. After you have received it you will have a further 7 days to sign and return it. The Inventory is a full list of everything in the property and the condition it is in and must be checked thoroughly.
If notice repairs that need to be made when you move in then then these will need to be reported using Fixflo online using the Move Ins button https://www.hop-property.co.uk/knowledge-base/report-a-repair/
Your property will have been professionally cleaned from top to bottom after the previous Tenants and you will find a cleaning card in the property to confirm this has been done.
Wherever possible, will leave each property empty for 72 hours after it has been fully cleaned. This will rely on the existing Tenants being able to vacate the property in good time, prior to the start date.
Should you have any concerns regarding the clean, then please contact the cleaning company directly using the details on the card within 7 days of collecting your keys. We ask that you text or email as well as call, so that there is a written record of your comments.
Any maintenance that you would like to report to when you first move in will need to be reported on Fixflo, our online maintenance portal online, using the Move Ins button: https://www.hop-property.co.uk/knowledge-base/report-a-repair/
To ensure your request is actioned correctly, please ensure you use Fixflo to make a record of your request. You can log any issues online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and also has details for what to do in case of an emergency.
This is a challenging time for everyone, and we are grateful for your support as we do all we can to get you settled safely into your new homes.
Back to news
If you have any queries on the above, get in touch with the Leeds Team on 0113 322 9324 – we are here to help.