Back to news

Moving Home Checklist – Who Should I Notify?

June 14, 2021 | Professionals   Students  

Share this article  

Moving house is a busy time for most, it’s easy to forget the simple things whilst trying to pack up the car and make sure you have the keys ready for your next home. If there ever was a time for a checklist, it’s moving house!

A good tip is to look through your bank statement and look at your direct debits and regular payments, then make a list of all the organisations you need to contact with your new address.

To start you off, here is the HOP Checklist of Who to Notify when you move:

1. Services, Utilities and Healthcare

  • Gas Company
  • Electricity Provider
  • Yorkshire Water
  • Mobile Telephone Company
  • Landline Telephone Company
  • Internet Provider
  • TV Licensing
  • Doctor
  • Optician
  • Dentist

2. Financial

  • Bank
  • Credit Cards
  • Store Cards
  • Loyalty Cards
  • Car Insurance
  • Home Insurance
  • Your Employer
  • Leeds City Council Tax Department

3. Motoring

  • DVLA
  • Vehicle registration
  • Vehicle insurance
  • Breakdown Recovery Company

4. Others

  • Delivery addresses on Amazon / ASOS / H&M / Boohoo etc
  • Sports Clubs and Gyms
  • Friends and Relatives
  • Schools, Colleges and Universities
  • Subscription services
Good luck with your move and keep your eyes peeled for more useful tips and tricks on the blog.


Back to news

You may also be interested in…

Christmas Information 2021




Christmas Information 2021

Read more  
3 months of Horsforth

Company News




3 months of Horsforth

Read more  
Christmas Information 2020




Christmas Information 2020

Read more