Let-Leeds are committed to providing outstanding customer service, and as they establish themselves as full members of ARLA, feel they will be in an even better position to excel.
We have built up a strong reputation with our existing clients and hope to grow across Leeds. ARLA membership will help build this reputation for professionalism. Membership of ARLA, with its requirements for qualified staff, client accounting and indemnity cover, will enable Let-Leeds to be well trusted as a professional Leeds Letting Agent, with the aim to continue ‘making moving simple’ for our tenants, and a reputation for high quality Leeds Rental property.
- ARLA was formed in 1981 as the professional and regulatory body for letting agents in the UK
- It was recognised that the requirements of the residential lettings market were so detailed and specific that a separate organisation was required to promote standards in this important and growing sector of the property market
- The Association of Residential Lettings Agents is recognised by government, local authorities, consumer interest groups and the media as the leading professional body in the private rented sector
All ARLA members require a cover of professional indemnity exceeding £150,000, in addition to this Let-Leeds are also members of a government-backed deposit protection scheme aimed to protect the interests of the landlord and the tenant. Let-Leeds also operates financial protection for client monies. Membership is achieved only by agents who demonstrate that they have a thorough knowledge of their profession and that they conduct their business according to current best management practice, and the staff at Let-Leeds are pacing themselves for their final exams to gain accreditation through full ARLA membership.
Once Let-Leeds attains full membership, you can be sure that:
- We will be governed by the ARLA Code of Practice, providing a framework of ethical and professional standards at a level far higher than the law demands.
- Our staff will be trained professionally through meetings, courses and seminars to ensure we are kept fully up to date with the best practice
- Our offices will have professionally qualified staff
- Our bank accounts will be audited to ensure we conform to strict accounting practices
‘ARLA is a benchmark for professionalism, allowing both landlords and tenants to have confidence in, as well as providing its members with a unique marketing advantage in an industry where standards vary significantly and where clients should choose who to use with great care.’ (Source: ARLA Website, May 2010)
Let-Leeds Landlord News, Letting Agents Leeds, 27th May 2010
Back to news