- Leeds is fast becoming one of the most Dynamic cities in Europe
- Leeds is the Northern Centre for Business
- Leeds is a funky city, rich in culture and vibrancy
- Leeds is full of Victorian Architecture, contrasted with cool developments and fantastic city skylines
- Leeds offers a thriving arts & culture scene and rich local history
- Leeds has fantastic shopping, an array of the best restaurants and bars, and massively popular night life
- Leeds is surrounded by beautiful countryside with the idyllic Yorkshire Dales being right on its doorstep
- Leeds is becoming increasingly popular and there has been a growing demand for excellent quality homes
Location of Leeds
- The best place in Britain to live (2004)
- One of Europe’s top cities for business (2006)
- Visitor city of the year (2005)
Leeds is well located and has excellent transport links across the country, with fast trains to both London and Edinburgh. Leeds Bradford Airport also provides access on an international level and Leeds consequently attracts students from as far afield as Europe, the Middle East, the Far East etc.
Entertainment in Leeds
- The number one city for clubbing (2004)
- The best city for restaurants (2004)
- One of the UK’s top cities for restaurants (2007)
Leeds has a large student population and one of the main reasons for this is the City’s excellent nightlife! With a thriving club scene, pubs and bars to suit all tastes, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, galleries, music festivals and much, much more! There’s just not enough hours in the day to fit it all in! The Grand Theatre is home to Opera North, where you can see ballet, numerous west-end musicals and the best in performing arts. There is also The Civic Theatre, the famous City Varieties Theatre, and in complete contrast West Yorkshire Playhouse, which is innovative and definitely worth a visit.
Sport in Leeds
Leeds is a fantastic sporting city! For football fanatics there’s Leeds United, and for Rugby and cricket enthusiasts there’s Leeds Rhinos, Leeds Carnegie and the Yorkshire Cricket Team. Headingley Stadium is home to Yorkshire Cricket Club, Leeds Rhinos Rugby League and Leeds Carnegie Rugby Union.
Activities in Leeds
The city is also surrounded by beautiful countryside with the Yorkshire Dales being right on your doorstep. If you fancy venturing slightly further a field there are plenty of country houses and walks contained in the Yorkshire area. There is Harewood House located on Harewood Estate, Kirkstall Abbey (dating from medieval times and Jacobean), and Temple Newsam House home to paintings from the City Art Gallery. If you are into hiking Leeds is the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales, try ‘The Dales Walk’ for the best view of the North countryside.
Shopping in Leeds
The UK’s best shopping destination (2006)
Leeds is a first class shopping destination. There is a large and varied selection of shops, from the exclusive boutiques in the Victoria Quarter, to the prestigious Harvey Nichols and the high street favourites.
Students in Leeds
- The UK’s most female friendly city (2006)
- The best university destination (2005)
- The most cost effectives place to study in Britain (2007)
Leeds has the second largest student population outside London with a current figure of over 200,000 students. The University of Leeds and Leeds Metropolitan University, plus a number of other specialist colleges such as Trinity & All Saints College and St James Teaching Hospital.
Leeds is a vibrant and exciting City with a strong student presence and a diverse range of student accommodation. Whether you wish to live in student halls, or require a student house, student flat or even a student room share, Leeds has an excellent selection within the main student areas – Hyde Park, Headingley and Burley.
- High ratio of quality bars, pubs and restaurants makes it the location of choice for students
- Diverse properties from stone built terraces to large detached properties
- Headingley provides most of the amenities you would normally find in a city centre
- You will find all the sporting action you want, right on your doorstep
Hyde Park LS6
- Ideal location for students due to its proximity to both universities and the city
- The park itself is popular with students and local residents, with a skate park and football pitches
- Hyde Park Corner offers a diverse range of shops, bars, restaurants and cafes and yet only a five minute walk from Headingley
- Hyde Park has a small selection of shops including newsagents, convenience stores and a range of boutique shops
- There are several takeaways, pubs and cafés
- Located just a few minutes from the both the hustle and bustle of Leeds City Centre and Headingley
- Burley also benefits from being close to the Virgin Active gym, Vue cinema, Restaurants, Bars and Bowling alley
- Burley is ideally located for regular bus routes to and from Leeds and has its own train station making it just a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of the City
- The city centre is only a 15 minute away
- Excellent range of properties including terraced housing, flats and a number of new developments
Back to knowledge base