Student Changeover is one of the busiest times in the Let Leeds calendar! I’m sure you remember it from last year and there’s a lot to do before we can hand over your property to the next lucky student. For those of you moving out this year, there are a number of things that you need to make sure you do.
Everyone wants to get their deposit back – so take the time to go through everything you need to do and make sure you don’t get caught out! Here are the highlights, but make sure you read the full End of Tenancy info thoroughly: https://www.hop-property.co.uk/end-of-tenancy-information/
Important Highlights for Tenants leaving in 2018
- Your last day in the property is Saturday 30th June 2018
- All keys must be returned no later than 11am on Saturday 30th June to our offices on Burley Road.
- Make sure ALL keys (for ALL Tenants) are returned by this time, otherwise weâ€™ll have to get the locksmith to change the locks, and weâ€™ll have to charge you £160.00.
- From 11am on Saturday 30th June, our cleaning teams will be out cleaning properties.
- The professional cleaning teams charge an hourly rate therefore the cleaner you leave the property, the less youâ€™ll have to pay.
- Remember to cancel your Standing Order! We have to charge £24 to return overpaid rent and this could take between 10 to 14 days so please donâ€™t forget.
- We need to do a number of checks before we can return your deposit, including checking the property, settling any cleaning invoices or invoices for damages, checking fair usage on bills inclusive packages and any arrears and late payment charges. Once this is all done then your deposit return will be processed.
Be prepared and thank you for being one of our Tenants!
The full end of tenancy guide is here https://www.hop-property.co.uk/end-of-tenancy-information/ and covers the following:
- When do I have to vacate the property?
- How should I leave the property?
- What about cleaning?
- What about maintenance items?
- What about my rent payments?
- Who should I notify when moving home?
- When should I start getting ready to move home?
- How do I get my deposit back?
Please donâ€™t hesitate to call your Property Manager if you have any further questions.
Back to news