As we near the end of 2020, many of our student tenants may already be heading back home early for the Christmas Break. With that in mind, here’s a quick overview of key information for the festive season.
HOP Opening Hours
We will be closing our doors for the Christmas break on Tuesday 22nd December 2020 and will reopen on Monday 4th January 2021.
Emergency Contact Details
If you have an emergency situation in relation to your property while the offices are closed, please call the main HOP number on 0113 320 2000 to hear details of our emergency out of hours response teams. These numbers can also be found on Fixflo where you need to log your issue.
Emergency situations include, but are not limited to:
- Total loss of heating / hot water
- A call out charge will be issued to the Tenant where it is deemed the situation is not an emergency.
- If you are locked out of your property or you have lost your house keys, our advice is to call our tradesmen first, but if they cannot help, you will need to call your own locksmith at your own expense.
- As well as speaking to our out-of-hours team you must also log the issue on Fixflo so that we can record the problem with your Property Consultant and Landlord.
- Ensure you call the relevant emergency services such as police, fire service or ambulance first, prior to calling HOP, in relation to a fire or burglary.
A cold snap can cause serious damage to your property such as burst pipes, condensation and other problems, therefore over the winter months it is vital that you leave your boiler switched on (at 5 to 10 degrees Celsius), particularly if you are headed home for the Christmas break. If you do find a burst pipe, make sure you switch the water off immediately at the stopcock to prevent further damage.
Security is a priority at Christmas. If you are leaving your property it is essential that you ensure alarms are set and that all doors and windows are securely locked. Fitting a lighting timer system is always advised to reduce the chance of burglary.
2020 has been a particularly challenging year and we wish all of our wonderful customers an extra special Safe and Merry Christmas, from all the team here at HOP.
Back to news