- Job title: Property Manager
- Responsible to: Branch Manager
- Salary: In the region of £23,000 – £25,000 dependant on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5.30 pm, plus 1 in 4 Saturdays between 9am and 1pm.
- Requirements: Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Property Manager in the Lettings Industry and a full UK driving licence.
Property Manager Role
HOP is an award winning Letting Agent, Estate Agent and Block Management Company operating across Central, North and West Leeds.
HOP are looking for a people person, with the ability to build rapport extremely quickly, and a very driven attitude.
This is an extremely challenging position; therefore, Property knowledge and prior experience will be needed for this role. You will need to be a dynamic person with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Property Manager.
HOP will provide in-house training so that once you’re up to speed, you’ll become the go-to person for Landlords and Tenants across Leeds.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who loves organising people. Someone who enjoys communicating face to face and on the phone with customers and suppliers.
Your customer service skills will be excellent, you’ll strive to provide the best customer service to hundreds of professional Tenants. You’ll work hard to ensure every Tenant move into their home, feeling happy.
In a conversational and friendly manner, you’ll be adept at speaking to a variety of people including; landlords, tenants and contractors.
Your personal portfolio will contain no more than 150 to 200 residential properties so that you have time to deliver excellent service to your clients.
Your communication will be outstanding and you will enjoy spinning lots of plates at the same time, fielding questions, and thinking fast.
You will be excellent at organising your own time, as well as others. You will work hard to ensure your team hit targets.
Finding solutions and compromises to problems is your cup of tea. This means you’ll solve a grudge quickly. You will build strong relationships with clients, and sell our services strongly and ethically. You’ll have a high level of empathy as well as being a great negotiator.
Finally, you’ll be someone who thrives under pressure, managing high volumes at any one time. You’ll be a great manager of your own time, which will aid you in managing volumes, but also being attentive to the details too.
Pre Tenancy Property Management
- Deal professionally with customer and staff enquiries, answer incoming calls professionally and deal with incoming emails and new enquiries
- Assist collecting landlord instruction forms, ID’s, proof of home ownership, EPC, Gas Cert, PIR and HMO Certs where required ensure all properties marketed have a landlord agreement, full set of keys, contact details and are listed on the site and portals
- Be aware of market trends, likely rent, tenant type, cosmetic works required, fire safety works required, landlord legal responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with clients, and sell all company services strongly and ethically, with the focus on generating new and repeat business
- Being aware of Industry news, conditions and trends
- Support the negotiators where required, including booking in viewings
- Assist in progressing deals to completion
- Ensuring regular feedback is provided to landlords following property visits including property inspections
- Liaise with incoming tenants regards property induction
- Handover the welcome pack to Tenants including the Tenant Handbook, How to Rent Guide, EPC, Gas Cert and any other information required
- Conduct the pre-inspection, Inventory or Check In
- NOTIFY – Tenant details to council tax, Yorkshire water, utility companies
Mid Tenancy Property Management
- Carry out 7 day courtesy follow up call for new Tenants
- Manage incoming repair requests within 24 hours by phone to qualify the issue and discuss with the tenant
- Booking correct Contractors, notify tenant of access / works carried out
- Quote Landlord where required and oversee works
- Following up work completed / confirm completion with Tenant
- Ensure jobs completed effectively within a reasonable timeframe
- Monitor contractors performance / spot check works
- Authorise invoices to be paid by accounts
- Manage contractor invoicing, including upfront payment of invoices where required
- Organise gas safety certificates, electrical certificates when required
- Conduct Inspections at properties and notify tenants of issues, as well as feedback to landlords following property inspections
- Work with accounts to deal with any possible Rental Arrears
- Dealing with renewals, and inspecting the property prior to any renewal
End of Tenancy Property Management
- Conduct check out inspections, check the state of the property and furniture against the inventory
- Deal with deposits and dilapidations at the end of the Tenancy, Mediate between Landlord / Tenant on deposit deductions
- Arrange cleaning contractors for end of Tenancy cleans
- Prepare the landlord for any works required and general maintenance
Working As A Team
- Take part in weekly team meetings to monitor performance and keep everyone up to date
- Dealing with complaints where required, prior to passing to management
- Assist the team to hit set targets on a regular basis
Key Skills Required
- Excellent telephone manner, spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent approach to customer service and client care
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to create good working relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to work under pressure
- Hard working, Proactive, results orientated
- Self-motivated and organised
- Knowledge of local market and competition
- Ability to motivate, and coach individuals
- Excellent IT skills required
To Apply, please send us a CV with a Covering Letter outlining your experience, why you would like to work for HOP and confirm that you have a Full UK driving licence and your own car.
If you think you have those key characteristics, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for role
Please click ‘apply for this vacancy’ below and send us your CV, but most importantly, we’d like you to write a few sentences about why you think you’ll enjoy this job.
If you are successful, we will contact you to arrange an initial 30-minute Zoom interview.