Are you a people person? Can you build a rapport quickly with practically anyone? Are you a natural salesperson?
If you also have a full UK driving license, a real passion for property then take a look at our Lettings Negotiator role.
Job title: Lettings Negotiator
Responsible to: Lettings Manager
Salary: £19,000 basic
Benefits: Bonus scheme
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm (plus a 1 in 4 Saturday rota, 10am – 2pm)
We are seeking a proactive, driven and enthusiastic individual with real rapport building and people skills.
Our Lettings Negotiator role is a fun role, responsible for all aspects of letting properties across our quality portfolio of professional and student properties in Leeds. You will be working in a small team to hit monthly let targets.
Your customer service skills will be excellent, and you’ll strive to provide the best customer service to hundreds of student and young professional Tenants. You’ll work hard to ensure every Tenant moves into their homes, feeling happy.
Property knowledge and prior experience is definitely not needed for this role, because we’ll give you all the training you need.
You’ll be a confident, friendly people-person. You’ll be the perfect person to provide celebrity service whenever a visitor walks into our office, or whenever you pick up the phone or answer an email. In a conversational and friendly manner, you’ll be adept at qualifying and adding new applicants to the database, as well as showing people round properties on viewings.
You’ll also be a whizz at organising yourself, as well as others. As well as being the main port of call for Tenants, you’ll support the team administratively, deal with customer and staff enquiries, work hard to ensure your team hit targets, monitor and record viewings performance, be aware of all new properties marketed, manage key systems, ensure all viewings and valuations are followed up and provide feedback to landlords.
You’ll have a high level of empathy as well as being a great negotiator. Finding solutions and compromises to problems is your cup of tea. This means you’ll relish solving a grudge or complaint quickly, you’ll negotiate lets, complete pre-tenancies, collect payments. You will build strong relationships with clients, and sell our services strongly and ethically.
Finally, you’ll be someone who thrives under pressure. You’ll be managing high volumes at any one time. You’ll be a great manager of your own time, which will aid you in managing the volumes without sweat, but, you’ll need to be extremely attentive to the details.
If you think you have those key characteristics, we would love to hear from you!
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries from prospective tenants in a timely manner
- Registering enquiries and arranging viewings and market appraisals
- Conduct accompanied viewings with prospective tenants
- Manage key system and maintain databases
- Negotiating terms of tenancies with landlords and tenants where required
- Ensuring all viewings and valuations are followed up
- Assist in completing pre-tenancy agreements and collecting payments
- Build strong relationships with clients, and sell all company services strongly and ethically, with the focus on generating new and repeat business
- Cold-calling and other marketing to generate new business and build portfolio
- Articulate, confident, personable and hard working
- Excellent approach to customer service and client care
- The ability to make good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills – being able to spin many plates at the same time
- Target driven and self-motivated, results / goals orientated
- Ability to sell – Negotiation, sales and marketing skills
- Excellent written communication
- Good IT skills
Does this sound like your perfect role?
Apply for role
Please send us your CV, but most importantly, we’d like you to write a few sentences about why you think you’ll enjoy this job.
If you are successful, we will contact you to arrange a short 10 minute telephone interview.