We are looking for a full-time, permanent Lettings Administrator to join our growing team.
We are looking for someone who loves organising people. Someone who enjoys communicating face to face and on the phone with customers and suppliers.
Job title: Lettings Administrator
Responsible to: Branch Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm (plus a 1 in 4 Saturday rota, 10am – 2pm)
Application Deadline: 26/02/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2021
Your customer service skills will be excellent, and you’ll strive to provide the best customer service to hundreds of student and young professional Tenants. You’ll work hard to ensure every Tenants move into their homes, feeling happy.
Property knowledge and prior experience is definitely not needed for this role, because we’ll give you all the training you need. But, once you’re up to speed, you’ll become the go-to person!
You will be a popular person; the main point of contact for Tenants, as well as the Property Negotiators and Property Managers. Your communication will be outstanding. LOTS of tasks will revolve around you. You will love spinning lots of plates at the same time, fielding questions, thinking fast.
You’ll be a confident, friendly people-person. You’ll be the perfect person to provide celebrity service whenever a visitor walks into our office, or whenever you pick up the phone or answer an email. In a conversational and friendly manner you’ll be adept at qualifying and adding new applicants to the database, as well as booking viewings, providing viewing confirmations and notice of entry.
You’ll also be a whizz at organising yourself, as well as others. As well as being the main port of call for Tenants, you’ll support the team administratively, deal with customer and staff enquiries, work hard to ensure your team hit targets, monitor and record viewings performance, be aware of all new properties marketed, manage key systems, ensure all viewings and valuations are followed up and provide feedback to landlords.
You’ll have a high level of empathy as well as being a great negotiator. Finding solutions and compromises to problems is your cup of tea. This means you’ll relish solving a grudge or complaint quickly, you’ll help the team negotiate lets, complete pre-tenancies, collect payments. You will build strong relationships with clients, and sell our services strongly and ethically.
Finally, you’ll be someone who thrives under pressure. You’ll be managing high volumes at any one time. You’ll be a great manager of your own time, which will aid you in managing the volumes without sweat, but, you’ll need to be extremely attentive to the details.
If you think you have those key characteristics, we would love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV, but most importantly, we’d like you to write a few sentences about why you think you’ll enjoy this job.
If you are successful, we will contact you to arrange a short 10 minute telephone interview.
Other Information & Details
The role of a Lettings Administrator is to administratively support the branch as well as processing the let of the property from point of sale to move in.
General Daily Admin
- Answering the intercom system professionally
- Meeting and greeting walk in’s into the office
- Answering Incoming Calls
- Dealing with Incoming Emails
- Replying to Tenant emails
- Adding Applicants to the database
- Qualifying Applicants
- Booking Appointments
- Booking Tenant Viewings
- Viewing Confirmation
- Notice of Entry
Tenancy Application Process
- Full management of the Tenancy Application Process
- Highly targeted to complete applications in volume
- Collecting payments by phone
- Add applicants to the system
- Checking Pre-Tenancy is completed correctly and signed, alongside correct holding deposit collected
- Arrange for the completion of Application forms
- Collect ID, Bank statements, and carry out credit checks and Right to Rent checks
- Gain employment and previous landlord references
- Check through application and assess whether guarantors are required
- Create and arrange for signing of Tenancy Agreements
- Following new tenancy instructions form including but not limited to: book pre-inspections and inventories, contact utility suppliers to inform of change of occupant, diarise property inspections, 7 day courtesy call and uploading documents to Jupix
- Preparing tenancy move in times and packs to include all prescribed information, and keys, and collecting signature on collection, alongside bills package routers.
Other Lettings Administration
- Office-based port of call for Tenants and Landlords
- Administratively support the team, deal professionally with customer and staff enquiries, and work as a team to hit set targets on a regular basis
- Monitor and record viewings performance and feedback
- Be aware of all new properties market
- Manage Key system – To maintain and record an accurate list of the allocation and movement of property keys
- Ensuring all viewings and valuations are followed up
- Receive viewing leads for properties, to contact the incoming lead within 2 hours of being received during working hours by email and phone, qualify and add quality applicants to system.
- Answer incoming calls professionally
- Book viewings for lettings negotiators, request feedback from viewings
- Assist in negotiating the let of properties with landlords and tenants where required
- Assist in completing pre-tenancy agreements and collecting payments
- Assist Property Managers with monitoring incoming maintenance jobs are allocated/actioned
- Build strong relationships with clients, and sell all company services strongly and ethically, with the focus on generating new and repeat business
- Keeping records of all activity up to date on the system
- Updating the bills management company of lets with bills packages
- Maintaining an up to date record of bills inclusive properties for the Branch Manager and Accounts, and where required ensuring up to date meter readings are provided
- Dealing with complaints where required, prior to passing to management
- To answer the telephone and deal with any client enquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Dealing with tenants and enquiries, taking leads, qualifying tenants, adding applicants to the database
- Maintain databases, ensuring property, client, applicant, tenant and tenancy details are always up to date and accurate
- Welcome visitors/clients coming into the office and deal with any enquiries they may have
- Excellent telephone manner, spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent approach to customer service and client care
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to make good working relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to work under pressure
- Results/goals orientated
- Natural sales ability
- Hard working
- Self-motivated and organised
- Good work ethic
Ready to apply?
Apply for role
Click ‘apply for this vacancy’ below and send us your CV, but most importantly, we’d like you to write a few sentences about why you think you’ll enjoy this job.